Profession: Engineering Technologist
The aircraft engine is the heart of the aircraft. Russia is one of the few countries where technologies for the manufacturing of aircraft engines have been developed.
The journey of creating an aircraft engine is full of challenges. Working on the design and manufacturing of an aircraft engine involves many specialists from different professional fields, and the Engineering Technologist is who makes final decisions in this process.
Engineering Technologists working in the field of the aircraft engine manufacturing are very much respected among the machine builders. They apply advanced manufacturing technologies to turn ideas, models and projects into real engines. They are proficient in computer technologies for digital design, modeling and 3-D printing, methods for processing unique structural materials and manufacturing reliable products.
Areas of competence
- Development of processing and assembling technologies, using high level CAD/CAM software.
- Development of digital models of products, control programs for CNC machines and 3-D printers
- Design of non-standard equipment, fixtures, measuring instruments
- Production area and workplace planning.
- Planning and organization of aircraft engine testing.
- Engineering Technologist
- Head of Technology Department
- Chief Technologist
- Head of Production